Financial  advice with personal approach

Vehicle Insurance

Are you looking for a car, motorcycle and/ or bicycle insurance? Via Financial Consultancy Holland, you are able to compare different providers. In the Netherlands it is mandatory to have an insurance when driving a car or motorcycle. This is called a WA (Wettelijke Aansprakelijkheid) in Dutch. With three different coverages you are sure that the insurance is in place. Get in touch with us to discuss the options and apply for the right insurance.

Car insurance

Are you looking for the best price and conditions for your car insurance? Then you have come to the right place, we compare the best providers on the market with the best price and conditions for you. Arranged within a day and you pay no extra costs for the application. You will also receive an extradiscount if you purchase the entire home insurance package from us, including the car insurance. Ask for the possibilities without any obligations and get in touch with one of our experienced advisors.

Cheap is often expensive

Most people look for the cheapest car insurance, but is it really that smart? Usually they say, buying something cheap is eventually expensive. Applying for less expensive car insurance is not always the best way to go and you unfortunately notice that when you have to deal with damage.

Quality is one of the most important components when applying for a car insurance and just insurances in general. You want to deal with as little administrative hassle as possible and you want your damage to be repaired as quickly as possible. So, the cheapest insurance does not exist and the premium differs per insurance company and the insured person. This is based on your age, claim-free years, car brand, place of residence etc.

What is the current value of my car?

The current value of your car is based on several factors. This is calculated based on the age of your car, number of kilometers on the dashboard, year of manufacture etc.

You may have the following questions by now...

What are claim-free years?

You accrue claim-free years from the moment you have car insurance registered in your name. The more you have built up claim-free years, the more the premium discount you will receive. If damage occurs, you claim the damage and you lose claim-free years at the same time.

How high is my road tax?

You can often calculate this by entering your license plate and zip code on various websites. You can also contact us to have this calculated by one of our experienced advisors. 

Scooter & Moped Insurance

You can choose from three different coverages for your scooter/ moped insurance, namely WA, WA+ Limited Casco or Allrisk. Furthermore, there are other factors such as your age, value of your scooter/ moped that determine which cover suits you the best. In addition, it is always the question what amount you would like to spend on a scooter/ moped insurance. With today's expensive Vespa scooters, it might be wise to opt for the Allrisk coverage.

What are you covered for?

You are wondering what you are covered for when you apply for a WA, WA+ or the Allrisk insurance. Below is an overview of the three different coverages.

WA insurance

This is the mandatory basic cover for your scooter/ moped. It is also usually the cheapest insurance. You are legally obliged to insure your scooter/moped against legal consequences. Do you cause damage to someone else's belongings with your scooter/ moped? Then you are insured for this with a liability insurance. You are, however, not insured for damage to your own scooter/ moped.

WA+ limited insurance

With the WA+ insurance you are also insured for damage to your own scooter/ moped. This could have been caused by a fire or storm, for example.Theft also falls under the WA+ limited coverage.

All-risk insurance

Do you want certainty for all possible scenarios? Then the All risk insurance is the best coverage for you. With this insurance you are insured for all the damages to your own scooter/ moped, even if you have caused it yourself. This is the most expensive option and is often requested for new scooters/ mopeds that are 2 to 3 years old.

Motorcycle insurance

Insure your motorcycle properly with good insurance and coverage. You don't always have to pay a lot for a good insurance. Have you recently acquired a motorcycle? Then you are obliged, as with a car, to apply for an insurance.This type of insurance reimburses any damage that you cause to someone else with your motorcycle. So, theft and damage to your own motorcycle is not covered by this.

Which insurance can I take out?

For your motorcycle insurance you can choose from the coverages WA, WA+limited and Allrisk. You can also choose a number of additional options such as passenger damage insurance, accident insurance and passenger legal assistance insurance. If you would like more information about these options, please feel free to contact one of our experienced advisors.

What does motorcycle insurance cost?

The premium for your motorcycle insurance, like most insurance policies, depends on the type of coverage you choose. In addition, there are also a number of other factors that determine the amount of your premium, such as your age, claim-free years, zip code etc.

Please contact us to discuss the options and prices.

(Electric/ E-Bike) Bicycle Insurance

Have you recently bought an (electric) bicycle and do you want to insure it as soon as possible? Then you can contact us to compare different providers for the best price and conditions. According to Dutch law, you are not always obliged to insure your bicycle. But sometimes it's definitely worth it. There are currently not many bicycle insurers active on the market. We can compare these for you. 

Do you need to insure an Electric/E-Bike?

With a 'high-speed' electric bicycle or a speed pedelec you are obliged to take out a WA insurance. These are equivalent to a scooter or moped. You do not have to apply for an insurance for an electric bicycle where you pedal yourself up to a speed of 25 kilometers per hour. With the faster variants that go up to 45 kilometers per hour, you are obliged to take out at least a WA insurance coverage.

Would like to know about your possibilities in the Netherlands? Fill in the form below and let's get in touch.

Apply now for an Expat Mortgage, Insurance or Personal Loan

We have brought everything together to meet your needs. That's great because as a customer you are looking for the best solution when applying for a mortgage, insurance and/or personal loan. We use our expertise to conduct extensive research to find a suitable solution.


It is important that a mortgage suits your situation.

Read more


All the important insurances you need to feel safe.

Read more

Personal Loans

A financial boost, offering peace of mind.

Read more